On 25th May 2018 the current Data Protection Act will be replaced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Topsham Film Society will comply with the new law and this document describes how we use and protect any information you give us.
Topsham Film Society (TFS) take the security of your personal information very seriously. Under no circumstances will we sell, distribute or lease your information to any third party unless required to do so by law. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure TFS have put in place procedures to safeguard and secure collected information.
Information which may be held by TFS:
- Your name
- Your contact details (address, phone number, email address)
- Details of any specific enquiries
- Your computer’s IP address
Why do we collect these details:
- To communicate with you as a TFS member
- To respond to contact from you
- To provide a better service to you as a TFS member
How are these details collected:
- Annual completion of a Membership Form giving signed consent to the TFS to obtain, retain and use your personal data appropriately.
- Enquiries submitted directly via email or website (topshamfilmsociety.co.uk)
- Analysis of cookies on website (topshamfilmsociety.co.uk)
How long do we retain this information:
- Membership details are renewed on an annual basis
- All other information will be kept for a period not exceeding three years
Your rights as a TFS Member:
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have the following rights:
- Right of access: if you want to know what personal information we hold about you please contact us. You also have the right to know what purpose it is being stored for. TFS will respond as soon as practicable within 28 days. Normally there is no charge for responding to such requests. However, should the number and/or frequency of such requests becomes unreasonable TFS reserve the right to charge an administration fee.
- Right to rectification: if you believe any of personal information is inaccurate please contact us. Corrections will be made as soon as practicable within 28 days.
- Right to erasure: if you wish us to remove any of your data from our records please contact us. Data will be erased as soon as practicable within 28 days.
- Right to complain: if you wish to complain about the manner in which TFS are managing your personal data you should lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (ico.org.uk).
How we use ‘Cookies’:
You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
Links to other websites:
The TFS Website may contain links to other relevant websites. You should be aware that once you have used these links you leave our site and access websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst on these sites. We recommend that you are aware of this and take note of the privacy policies applicable to the sites visited.
Writing to the TFS Membership Secretary. Or in person at any of the TFS screenings.